This zesty salsa is so versatile. Enjoy it as a topping over a big green salad, stuffed in artichokes, or as a marvelous companion to seafood or poultry, served over whole-grain rice.
- 1 cup cooked and drained black beans (no-salt-added)
- 1 cup medium diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro or dill
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss well until evenly mixed.
2. Chill and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
60 calories, less than 1g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 3g protein, 4g fiber, 32mg sodium.