Zika virus worries spike with the warm weather. In fact, three in 10 Americans are worried about the threat of Zika or West Nile viruses from mosquito bites. Yet only one in 10 take serious precautions, like using insect repellent frequently (2-3 times per week or more), according to a new survey from BullFrog Mosquito Coast.
One in four surveyed don’t use insect repellent at all, while just 22 percent use it occasionally.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that anyone traveling to areas with Zika risk take steps to prevent mosquito bites.
Here are some things you can do to avoid both burn and bite. Ward off itch, discomfort, and more serious threats by avoiding standing water, and dressing in loose long sleeves and pants.
Use a DEET-free repellent, such as BullFrog Mosquito Coast, which repels mosquitoes for up to eight hours. The formula is a particularly good option for outdoor enthusiasts. Unlike DEET formulations, there is no need to wash it off when returning indoors.
Different from repellent alone, it also offers SPF 30 sun protection, so you can pack light when you’re on the go.
BullFrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen + Insect Repellent is:
- DEET-Free. Safely repels insects for up to 8 hours.
- Uses Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended IR3535®.
- Contains aloe leaf extract and Vitamin E. Pleasant fragrance. PABA- and Paraben-free.
- Water-resistant (80 minutes). Proudly made in the USA.
- America’s #1 selling combination sunscreen-and-insect-repellent and the first mass-marketed fusion of sunscreen with insect repellent.
- BullFrog Mosquito Coast Sunscreen SPF 30 with Insect Repellent Continuous Spray. 6 oz. MSRP $10.99.
- BullFrog Mosquito Coast Sunscreen SPF 30 with Insect Repellent Pump Spray. 4.7 oz. MSRP $9.99.