Next are excerpts from the book that reveal practice and listening as essential for successful meditation. Next is the dream followed by the interpretations.
My teacher plays one of my piano pieces. The teacher says how beautiful my piece is. It is one of my music pieces. I realize the teacher’s playing is beautiful, but I want to play my piece myself instead of listening to the teacher play my piece.
Step 1. Connect previous day (often the day before) events to the dream to discover this dream’s theme.
I have been reading and studying wonderful writings of one of my favorite authors. Yet, now I have not been experiencing the depth of meditation as I had been. Theme: Meditation
Step 2. Connect previous day (often the day before) thoughts to your dream to detect which thoughts may have prompted this dream.
Yesterday after reading the inspiring teachings, I wondered why my lack of success with meditation. Obvious thought-question: Why my lack with successful meditation?
Step 3. Define major dream phrases and symbols from your write-up of this dream to discover the dream’s personalized meanings.
- At my piano teacher’s house: The piano is a musical instrument. Music in dreams in this book often symbolizes successful meditation.
- “If you haven’t practiced, then don’t play today”: I have been lax in dedicating myself to meditation.
- Play anyway: The dream shows I have been attempting to meditate without dedicated practice.
- Flip through my piano pieces to find an easy one to play: I attempt to find an easy way to meditate without having practiced.
- My teacher: This is my inner teacher; I am being taught from within my own being.
- My teacher plays one of my piano pieces: Successful results from listening during meditation.
- The teacher says how beautiful my piece is: A sense of peaceful beauty results from successful listening during meditation.
- Want to play my piece myself instead of listening to the teacher play my piece: Instead of listening, I’ve been trying to meditate from a surface level of contemplation.
Answers to my pre-dream thought of why my lack with successful meditation: Practice and listen instead of depending on surface level meditations, even inspiring readings, for effective meditation.