National Thank God It’s Monday Day encourages us to celebrate the first Monday of the new year with vigor and energy.
Not only does the observance focus on the first Monday in January, but on every Monday throughout the year. Mondays are often full of new beginnings. New jobs often start on Mondays. Couples usually marry on weekends and a Monday represents the first work week of their new lives together. Many federal holidays take place on Mondays and therefore special occasions frequently take place on Mondays throughout the year.
Besides the scheduled events, many random events occur on a Monday. When Monday repeats between 52 and 53 times out of the year, important things will happen. It’s 1/7th of our life. Blaming Monday for our woes (traffic) doesn’t improve our personal track record in life (being late).
Stop shaming Monday and look at what Monday has to offer.
- Freshly brewed coffee to keep us perky
- Opportunity for a bright future
- 52 chances to see a beautiful sunrise
- A new week share your talents with the world
- 52 opportunities to teach someone a new skill that will better their lives
- Each Monday offers the potential of meeting new people
For sake of putting a smile on your face here is a great song to listen to on this first Monday in January.