While making your better half feel special on Valentine’s Day may never go out of style, it is very certain that the romantic holiday is not for everyone. With all the hearts, kisses and flowers, it can be enough to make someone who is single run for the hills.
Don’t weed out the dedicated day of romance just yet, though. There are plenty of ways to celebrate solo next week. Valentine’s Day is sandwiched between two other newly popular dates, Galentine’s Day and Singles Awareness Day.
“Coupled up or not, use this time to celebrate yourself and pamper your friends. An even better idea is to do it on the cheap! You don’t have to break the bank to treat yourself to a bit of self care and even send your friends small gifts. Remember, it’s always the thought that counts!” says Sara Skirboll, Shopping and Trends Expert for RetailMeNot.
Keep reading to see the best tips and ideas for a successful Galentine’s and Single’s Day celebration, and check out The Real Deal for the full article.
Celebrate Your Favorite Females
Galentine’s Day takes place on February 13. What started as a fictional holiday from a certain popular sitcom has now turned into the honorable day to celebrate your ride-or-die ladies.
- Grab some Galent-wine, and toast to your friends. Wine.com has promo codes for 10 percent off your first order or, you know, 10 percent off six or more bottles. No one will judge.
- Plan a Galentine’s Day party complete with decorations from Target, Michaels or Amazon. Save 50 percent on an item with Michaels coupons. Let’s be real: Party planners won’t want to pay full price for those streamers when they will end up trampled on the floor in a few hours.
- Host a hotel sleepover because there is no age limit on a good old-fashioned slumber party. Book a few rooms at a nice place in town, preferably with a great room service menu, and move in for the night. Use a Hotels.com deal to save up to 40% on bookings.
Treat Yo’ Self
Flying solo on Valentine’s Day? No problem. According to a RetailMeNot survey, singles are still showing themselves love this year.
- 29 percent of singles will pamper themselves
- 23 percent will treat themselves to a nice dinner
- 21 percent plan to watch romantic comedies
- 18 percent will buy themselves a gift
This independent bunch are likely saving more money than those spending on gifts for others. Take February 15, also known as Singles Awareness Day, otherwise known as S.A.D. (ignore the acronym; there is nothing sad about this), as an opportunity to celebrate that solo status.
- Send yourself flowers and buy yourself pizza because why not? Get up to 60 percent off select bouquets at 1-800-Flowers.com, and save major dough on pizza at Domino’s. P.S. Don’t forget to shop the Valentine’s Day candy on clearance at every store.
- Two words: spa day. Don’t even stop at the massage. Indulge in a full day of pampering and relaxing. Thanks to the facial, you’ll walk away glowing.
- Looking for love? Sign up for a dating site. RetailMeNot’s offer data shows that February is prime time for discounts on enrollment fees. Get 60 percent off a six-month eHarmony membership or 74 percent off Match.com.
- And finally, do whatever you want. This is your day to indulge.
One thought on “Women and Singles Are Ready to Show Themselves Love on Valentine’s Day”
Nice ideas here Oretha. One thing that I usually tell people is this: Valentines day is not just a day for people to celebrate those who we are romantically involved with. Valentines day is a day to celebrate love. We have family members, co-workers, community members and other people who are important to us, and we can definitely celebrate them on days such as Valentines Day, and on all other days as well. In addition, I find that this idea of romantic love often excludes the most important love that there is, which is God’s love. No one on earth can ever love us the way that God does. Therefore, it makes sense to love God and to celebrate God. A person who goes through life without experiencing God’s love is like one who eats a fruit without tasting the sweetest part. I would imagine that you have a relationship with God, however, if you do not already have one, I suggest that you begin one. As for Valentines Day, we can buy Valentines gift for the important people in our lives, and make handwritten cards about how important they are to us. I find that many of the valentines day cards in stores tend to be the romantic ones, and such cards might be inappropriate to give to some people i.e. our family members. Therefore, we can always hand write them. In addition, when we build a relationship with God, we will know what God likes, and we can do those things in order to show God love. I.e. we can decide to feed the poor on Valentines Day, God loves it when we feed the poor.
I honestly did not really know much about Galentines Day and Single Appreciation Day before reading this post. Thank you for the information. Your post here is really nice, and I like how you are supporting women and single people in general. Keep up the good work. May God’s love and blessings be with you, Amen. <3 <3
If you want to know about God in more detail, you can find further information here https://christcenteredruminations.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/a-few-things-that-i-have-learned-about-god/ And Here https://christcenteredruminations.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/how-to-build-a-relationship-with-god/