In “The 21 Toughest Questions,” McFarland help parents answer their kids truthfully and biblically when they want to discuss topics such as:
“If God loves me, why doesn’t he make my life easy?”
Both books also address some of the myths people—and kids—have about Christianity and the lessons that help build a Christian home. McFarland then dispels these myths with the truth of who God really is, myths such as:
- Myth #1: Christianity is intolerant and judgmental toward others.
Truth: Christianity teaches to love neighbor as self and to share the love of Jesus with others.
- Myth #2: Christianity cannot be true because of the evil and suffering in our world.
Truth: Christianity offers the best hope and power to deal with suffering.
- Myth #3: Christianity is untrue because it is based on faith instead of facts.
Truth: The claims of Christianity are based on historical facts that can be tested.
- Myth #4: Christianity has been disproven by modern science.
Truth: The latest scientific evidence points to an intelligent designer behind all creation.
- Myth #5: Christianity is not a religion for the educated.
Truth: Many of the world’s top past and present scholars are Christians.
- Myth #6: Christianity is boring and would be a waste of my time.
Truth: Christianity is the most adventurous life a person can experience.
- Myth #7: Christianity isn’t real because it didn’t work for me.
Truth: The Christian faith is difficult, yet also the most rewarding way of life.
- Myth #8: Christianity is false because it is based on the Bible, which is filled with errors and contradictions.
Truth: The Bible is the most accurately preserved book in history.
- Myth #9: Christianity can’t be true because it is based on a dead man coming back to life.
Truth: If the best explanation for the empty tomb of Jesus is the resurrection, then Christianity can be true.
- Myth #10: Christianity isn’t real because a loving God wouldn’t send anyone to hell.
Truth: God has made great efforts to make sure many will spend eternity with him.
Author and religion/culture expert Dr. Alex McFarland (www.alexmcfarland.com)seeks to help parents answer some of these tough questions in two of his most popular books: “The God You Thought You Knew: Exposing the 10 Biggest Myths About Christianity” and “The 21 Toughest Questions Your Kids Will Ask About Christianity.”