Here are some cold remedies to help you beat a summer cold and get back to enjoying the heat:
- Take an over-the-counter (OTC) decongestant to unclog a stuffy nose.
- Use a saline spray to irrigate the nose and keep mucus loose.
- Take an OTC pain reliever (like Tylenol) to reduce fever and manage pain.
- Use cough drops and throat lozenges to manage that pesky dry cough.
- Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat.
- Don’t take an antibiotic.
- Allow your body to rest — get plenty of sleep, and avoid strenuous exercise.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated in the heat.
- Don’t smoke.
- Head to the doctor if you don’t get relief within two days, or you are wheezing.
Most of all take time to heal.