When busy weeknights leave little opportunity for extravagant meals, bring the family together with a simpler recipe that provides just as much tasty flavor, such as these Turkey Potato Dinner Wraps. Requiring just 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, a half-hour is all you need to create an enjoyable meal for all.
Turkey-Potato Dinner Wrap
- 3/4 pound Russet potatoes* cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1 can Tomato sauce 8 ounce can
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
- 1 light sour cream
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3/4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos.
- Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.
You can find a few great recipes at eatwisconsinpotatoes.com.