Karen Kingsbury has had the Christian fiction books on lockdown for years. In fact she may be considered one of the most successful with 13 million copies of her novels in print. Now comes word that Roma Downey, is exercising her Hollywood magic wand over the beloved series.
I am cheering up and down because this will be the replacement for Seventh Heaven finally!
The series will revolve around these titles:
The Redemption Series Consists of the Following
Kari Baxter Jacobs is furious, hurt, and confused. Her husband, Tim, a respected professor of journalism, is having an affair with a student. Stunned, Kari returns home to the Baxter family to sort things out. But when an old flame shows up, she is more confused than ever.
Ashley Baxter has locked up her heart, convinced that no one – including God – could love her. Four unlikely people – Alzheimer’s patients – find the cracks in Ashley’s heart and slowly help her remember.
Luke, golden boy and the Baxter family’s only son, has walked away from everything that mattered most to him: his faith, his family, and Reagan, his only love. Devastated by the events of September 11, 2001, Luke decides that life is random, faith a fraud, and God a fantasy.
- Rejoice: Brooke and Peter are struggling in their marriage when they are faced with the single worst moment ever. What was supposed to be a pool party for their two daughters and a handful of children ends in disaster. As three-year-old Hayley fights for her life, the Baxter family draws together, not even sure how to pray.
Plans are being made for a family reunion. Nearly all the adult Baxter children have a reason to celebrate – except one. As the preparations get under way, a deadly diagnosis sends shock waves through the Baxter family and threatens to tear them apart.
The Firstborn Series Consists of The Following:
As Dayne Matthews returns to Hollywood after his shocking discovery in Reunion, he faces the dangerous world of fame and paparazzi. Meanwhile, Katy Hart receives the offer of a lifetime – starring opposite Dayne in a Hollywood film.
Dayne Matthews is at the top of the Hollywood list, yet he is empty and unfocused, aching for real love and the family he’ll never know.
Driven by his wife’s dying wish – to find their firstborn son – John Baxter sets about the search. Dayne Matthews is questioning his adoptive parents’ faith when he receives crushing news. Wisdom and comfort come from visits with a long-lost friend and then from Katy Hart, the girl Dayne can’t seem to forget.
Katy Hart travels to Los Angeles to testify against the knife-wielding fan who tried to kill her. In the end, Dayne’s celebrity life makes Katy certain that a future with him is all but impossible. Dayne searches for answers he cannot seem to find. Ultimately his journey leads him to an isolated beach where God makes Dayne’s future as clear as the waters of Cancun.
Katy Hart is thrilled about her future with Hollywood’s Dayne Matthews. But as she plans a wedding and looks for a house on the shores of Lake Monroe, she receives tragic news. Only a miracle can help them find their way through. Sunrise Series
The Sunrise Series is the Third Chapter of the Baxter Family.
Before their wedding, Katy Hart and Dayne Matthews face what may be their greatest challenge. Is it possible for Katy to find a place in Dayne’s world? Amid wedding plans and other family news, John Baxter feels the hope of a breathtaking sunrise for the first time since Elizabeth’s death. Meanwhile, the Flanigan family is struggling with their young boarder, Cody Coleman.
Katy wins the part in Dayne’s next film and is cast opposite her super-star husband. By the time they finish filming the movie, they feel cracks around the edges of their marriage. The Baxter family learns that Ashley and Kari are both pregnant, but an ultrasound reveals that something is wrong with one of the babies. The Flanigans continue to draw closer to their only daughter, yet Bailey struggles to find her way amidst the turmoil of adolescence.
Pressures of the celebrity lifestyle weigh heavily on Dayne and Katy Matthews as they take on separate movie projects. The Flanigan family recognizes the deep loss of the Christian Kids Theater, and they begin to pray for a miracle. John Baxter takes the next step in his relationship with Elaine, giving him a season to contemplate selling the Baxter house.
Dayne and Katy Matthews continue to adjust to life in Bloomington as they look forward to a new chapter together—expanding their family. The Flanigans receive tragic news that weighs heavily on everyone’s mind. As John Baxter prepares for his marriage to Elaine Denning, one of the Baxters enters the most trying season of all.
Above the Line Series Consists of The Fourth Baxter Series Related Stories It has novels in the series.Chase Ryan and Keith Ellison set out to do the impossible! They’re determined to produce independent films with a world-changing message starring top talents—all without the support of the Hollywood “machine.” Will they be able to fulfill their dream—or will it become nothing more than a quest for fame?
Bailey Flanigan Series follows a beloved character who was once the baby sitter for the Baxter grandchildren. It neatly ties in to the Above The Line Series as Bailey is an actress who stars in a film that is being worked on in the featured books. They also tie in to one of The Baxter children
- Leaving The Bailey Flanigan series begins with Bailey leaving Bloomington for the adventure of a lifetime. She has won an audition for the ensemble of a Broadway musical in New York City. She’s determined to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but is she really ready to leave family and friends for the loneliness of the city?
- Learning Bailey Flanigan is growing closer to her dream to be an actress and dancer in New York while Cody coaches a small high school football team … on and off the field. But neither feels complete without the chance to share their dreams with one other. Can distance truly make the heart grow fonder?
- Longing Book three in the Bailey Flanigan Series, picks up where Learning ended. After a long and lonely silence from Cody Coleman, Bailey Flanigan becomes closer to her one-time Hollywood co-star, Brandon Paul. Nights on the town in New York City and long talks on the balcony of Brandon’s Malibu Beach home make Bailey dizzy with new feelings and cause her to wonder if her days with Cody are over forever.
- Loving Bailey is planning a wedding and making decisions that will shape her future. Bailey enjoys the beginning of her new career and time spent with Brandon while Cody faithfully coaches his team on and off the field. Will she spend her life with Brandon Paul in Los Angeles, or will her heart draw her back to Bloomington, Indiana and Cody Coleman, her first love?
I promise if you read these stories you will be endlessly entertained and fall in love with the books!