It’s the first Sunday of September and we are all heading back to our routines. For some of us it’s football, for others of us it’s CCD.
Here is a beef cacciatore recipe that you can make.
First here are your ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 onions, cut into wedges and sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine (such as Cabernet or Merlot)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast and garlic; season roast with salt and pepper. Cook roast until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer roast and garlic to a slow cooker; add onions, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, water, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red wine, sugar, fennel seed, Italian seasoning, and thyme.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.