- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 4 lb)
- 1 Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2 In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, chili powder and salt.
- 3 Pat chicken dry, both inside and outside, with paper towels. Rub chicken all over with brown sugar mixture.
- 4 Place chicken, breast-side up, in slow cooker.
- 5 Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until legs move easily when lifted or twisted and thermometer inserted in thickest part of inside thigh reads at least 165°F. Remove chicken from slow cooker; let stand 10 minutes before serving.